Especially today, the work of A Better Chance has never been more important, so we’re always looking for community members who share our vision of preparing talented students of color for positions of responsibility and leadership in American society.
If you’re interested in finding out more about the program, or perhaps becoming a host family, a volunteer, or a board member, please contact our program director at [email protected].
Support Clinton ABC
Each year, A Better Chance of Clinton & The Mohawk Valley must raise the money necessary to operate the program. Our scholars attend Clinton High School tuition-free, but our budget must account for housing, food, utilities, insurance and other expenses. Clinton ABC receives no funding from the state or federal government, and no financial support from the national ABC organization. Those who believe in the mission of Clinton A Better Chance can support our program in any of the following ways:
- Participate in our annual personal and business campaign – Each fall we contact individuals and businesses to ask for their financial support. This is our largest fundraiser. We are grateful to the hundreds of responses we receive from our neighbors who recognize the importance of this program for our community and for our scholars.
- Bed & Breakfast Program – We offer visitors an alternative to staying in an area hotel during Hamilton College’s Commencement and Family weekends. Local residents volunteer to open their homes for Hamilton’s guests during these popular weekends and the guests pay the ABC program.
- Annual ABC Golf Tournament – We host a golf tournament each spring to help support the operation of the Clinton ABC program. More than a hundred people and area businesses support this important effort as golfers, sponsors and volunteers. It’s a fun event for a great cause.
- Holiday Wreath and Poinsettia Sale – Many people choose to decorate their homes and businesses for the holidays by purchasing a wreath or poinsettia from the Clinton ABC program and we’re grateful.
- Luminaria Sale – In conjunction with the annual spring musical at the high school, many people choose to support Clinton ABC by purchasing luminaries to line the walkways leading to the Performing Arts Center. It adds a festive atmosphere to what is already a much anticipated annual event at the high school.
To substantially increase the number of well-educated young men and women of color capable of assuming positions of responsibility and leadership in American society.
Board of Directors
The Clinton ABC Program is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors composed of community educators, business leaders and other individuals who share the vision of preparing talented students of color for positions of responsibility and leadership in American society. Board members contribute time and energy to recruiting new scholars, raising funds to operate the program, ensuring a safe home environment, and providing general support, advocacy and care for the scholars during their four years in Clinton.