- A Better Change of Clinton & The Mohawk Valley announces its annual wreath & poinsettia sale. Orders are due by Tuesday, November 25, 2014.
- A Better Chance of Clinton & The Mohawk Valley extends our sincerest gratitude to:
- Our sponsors for the 8th Annual Golf Tournament held on June 1 at the Barker Brook Golf Club in Oriskany Falls
- The Clinton Florist for once again donating the proceeds of the bouquets sold at the Hamilton Commencement
- Community members who hosted families of Hamilton College graduates during Commencement Weekend
- To the supporters of our 2013-14 personal campaign
- The community for their support of the 9th Annual Luminaria Celebration that took place at Clinton Central School on March 6, 7, and 8 following each performance of the High School Musical "Crazy for You." We also congratulate the cast and crew for a great show!
- In honor of Clinton ABC's 40th Anniversary, The Hamilton College Alumni Review profiled the program in one of its feature stories, Men of Letters, in the summer 2012 issue.
- Interested in finding out more about the program, or perhaps becoming a Host Family, B&B Host, or Volunteer Friend of ABC? Check out our new Volunteer Oppotunities Page.
Welcome to Clinton ABC
A Better Chance, Inc., is a national, independently financed program organized to place talented and strongly motivated young people of color in academic programs at outstanding public and private schools throughout the United States. The ABC experience is focused on preparation of its graduates for success in college and in life. Since the beginning of the program in 1963 at Dartmouth College, some 11,000 ABC alumni have continued their education, and over 90% have graduated from college. With headquarters in New York, the national ABC program coordinates and provides logistical support for the 165 community and independent school programs.
When Did ABC Begin in Clinton?
Through the efforts of Don Potter, a geology professor at Hamilton College, and a group of like-minded colleagues and local citizens, Clinton's ABC program began in 1972. A large number of dedicated members of the community pledged $100 to establish the first program in New York State at Clinton High School. There are currently twenty-five community school programs throughout the country, with two in New York State.
Clinton, NY is a quaint, historic village nestled in Central New York just outside of Utica NY in the Town of Kirkland. Visit the links page for more information.